Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light April 2011. If you can't find mache, use butter lettuce or baby spinach. Cooking time includes resting time for steak.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 (5 ounce) packageprewashed mache (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 3/8 teaspoon salt; rub evenly over surface of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan, and cook for 5 minutes on each side (for medium) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- While steak cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining pepper and salt, radishes, and cucumber in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add mache; toss gently to combine. Serve the steak with salad. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.