Recipe by The Flying Chef
A quick and easy BBQ meal.. Any leftover butter can be frozen and used at a later date. Prep time does not include the refrigeration time of the butter.
Top Review by breezermom
Very good! I used my own seasonings on the steak, but used the butter mix. I grilled my steaks over a charcoal grill. I had a 2 inch filet mignon, and that worked perfectly. I did have lots of butter left over, so I'll save that for another day. Delicious! Made for Best of 2011 Tag game. Thanks for sharing!
- 6 steak fillets, trimmed of excess fat
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
Blue Cheese Butter
- 150 g butter, softened
- 65 g blue cheese
- 14.79 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Make butter.
- Combine butter, blue cheese, parsley and paprika in a bowl.
- Place butter on a plastic food wrap and roll into a log shape.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat BBQ to a high heat.
- Put peppercorns and oil in a bowl.
- brush steaks with oil mixture.
- grill steaks 3-5 min's each side or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Cut butter into approx 2cm thick slices and top each steak with 1 or 2 slices of butter.
- Serve dish immediately could serve with a nice garden salad.