Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup Peppadew pepper, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt
- 4 ciabatta
- Put the Peppadew peppers and mayonnaise in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl; clean out the food processor. Add the blue cheese, sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the processor and pulse until combined. (The spreads can be made 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.).
- Preheat a grill to medium high and brush with vegetable oil. Sprinkle the steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until a thermometer inserted into the meat registers 135 degrees F for medium rare, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and season with salt; let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, brush the insides of the rolls with vegetable oil and grill cut-side down until marked, about 1 minute.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the Peppadew mayonnaise on the bottom half of each roll, then spread 1 tablespoon blue cheese mixture on the top half. Slice the steak against the grain and divide among the rolls.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes.