Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
This a very simple marinade for steak, or any cut of beef.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I marinaded 5 large steaks steaks for Sunday brunch using this recipe, I doubled the amounts (I use 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic for a double recipe) but kept the soy sauce to still 1/2 cup, I marinated them for 7 hours, they turned out fantastic! thanks Pokey...Kitten
- 2 lbs beef t-bone steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (bourbon)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce, bourbon, garlic, and water.
- Marinate meat for at least 3 hours. Over night is OK, but it tends to be a bit salty.
- Grill meat over hot coals, and brush with reserved marinade occasionally.
- Note: to get perfect grill marks, make sure grate is hot. Place steak on at a 45 degree angle from the grate lines. When 1/2 the cooking time for the first side has elapsed, turn over just long enough to brush on the marinade then return to the hot grill turning the meat 90 degrees and continue cooking until the first side is done. Turn the steak over and repeat the process, being sure to brush the marinade 1/2 way through. You should end up with diamond shaped grill marks. Makes for an attractive presentation.