1/4 Photos of Stainless Steel Pots & Pans Cleaner
I just switched to stainless steel cookware this year. I've had several instances where I get food bonded to the bottom of a pan. One day my Mother was visiting and I was complaining about it. She said, "cream of tartar". I said, "huh"? She said it just popped into her head that my Great Grandmother used to say to sprinkle cream of tartar in a hard to clean stainless steel pan put some water in it and boil it until the crud comes off. Guess what? It works everytime! *This is my favorite posting because it has helped so many people...and apparently it works on more than stainless steel. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the cream of tartar over the stuck on crud.
- 2Pour water over it. If the crud is really thick you may need more water so it can boil for while. If it's thin then you only need about an inch or two.
- 3Boil over medium heat until you see the crud start to flake off.
- 4Once most of it has flaked off the rest will be easy to scrub off.
- 5Hope it works for you too!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stainless Steel Pots & Pans Cleaner
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g