Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
these cookies look too good to eat! everyone in my family love them
- sift the flour and cornflour into a large bowl.cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- grate the zest from half a lemon and squeeze the juice.stir the icing sugar, lemon zest and 2tbsp of lemon juice into the flour.bring the mixture together with your hands to form soft dough.if the dough is too firm add a little extra lemon juice. if its too soft chill for 15 minutes.
- preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F/gas . line baking sheets with baking parchment. roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- cut out stars with star cookie cutters with a lage cookie cutters.
- using smaller cutters,cut out the centres of the stars. lift out the centre of the starand add to the pastry and re-roll it.
- bake the cookies for 4 minutes remove from the oven and place a sweet in the middle of the cookie.
- return to the oven and bake for 6-7 mins unil the cookies are a very pale golden colour and the sweets have melted to fill the hole. do not overcook the or the edges will get burnt.