Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is the tried and true method of fighting stains around our house. I use it on porcelain, stainless, ceramic, wood, laminate, etc. There is rinsing involved, but my son finds this to be so much fun that he frequently offers to help me play.
- 1 whole citrus fruit, we usually use lemon for additional whitening power
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt or 2 tablespoons granular salt or 2 tablespoons any other large granular salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon baking soda
- water, for rinsing
- Slice the chosen fruit into 1/4 inch slices.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, just enough to provide an additional abrasive-type action, but not to cover the slice entirely.
- Sprinkle the baking soda onto the surface needing cleaned.
- Apply salted citrus to surface and scrub in a circular motion.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.