Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from Knorr Soup Recipes. Makes a great brunch dish when served with fresh mixed fruits. If you can't find Knorr Spring Vegetable flavor recipe mix you may use Knorr Vegetable soup & recipe mix.For those who like a little more cheese, you may add an additional 1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese Prep time is the time it takes to mix up recipe. It DOES NOT allow for Spinach Thaw time
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageknorr spring vegetable soup mix
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven and baking sheet to 350.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs. Blend in Milk,Cheese, Spinach and.
- Knorr recipe mix.
- Pour into frozen pie crust.
- Bake on baking sheet 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Oh yum! This was just lovely! "Dense and flavorful" is a great way to describe it, and I imagine it will be fantastic cold for lunch tomorrow. I used mozzarella cheese in lieu of swiss as I had it on hand, and as I was short on spinach I threw in a bit of diced bell pepper. One thing I didn't anticipate was the rehydrated veggies from the Spring Vegetable soup mix. How cool! I think many cheeses would work well here. I used I'mPat's "Shortcrust Pastry" recipe for the crust, and it was a great combination. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This was fabulous! I was able to find the Spring Vegetable soup mix, which I had never even knew existed. I ended up mixing in a tad of sharp white cheddar but, other than that, I made the recipe exactly as posted. It was dense and flavorful and even tasted good cold! I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2010.