Recipe by Ladibugz
This beautiful dessert tastes as good as it looks! Perfect dessert for Memorial Day party as strawberries coming into season!
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, boxes instant pudding (white, yellow or lemon flavor cake mixes are best)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxeswhite chocolate pudding, was great, but vanilla
- whipped topping
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix per directions (I also add package of instant pudding to mix, makes it SO moist!) Allow to cool. To speed this step up you can purchase ready-made cake instead.
- Cut cake into small 2x2 inch chunks. You can also tear chunks by hand as the appearance of the cake with be the same!
- Layer half of the cake at the bottom of a deep clear bowl (or trifle bowl if you have one).
- Add half strawberries (saving some for garnish)on top of cake, taking care to slide some down the side of the bowl for better presentation. Do the same with the oranges and pineapple.
- Add layer of pudding.
- Repeat layer of cake, layer of fruits, then layer of pudding, topping with whipped topping. **Sometimes I mix the pudding half and half with whipped topping for a lighter/less rich dessert.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Listen to rave reviews!