Adapted from Real Simple's facebook page featuring 13 Fresh Side Dishes for Spring -- life made easier, every day! Make it a one dish meal by topping the salad with grilled chicken --
- 1⁄4 avocado, pitted (slice remaining 3/4 avocado ~ see below)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 cups torn lettuce (spring mix preferred)
- 3⁄4 avocado, sliced (from above)
- 1⁄4 pint grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios (shelled and roasted)
- In a food processor, process 1/4 avocado, buttermilk, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle the lettuces, sliced avocados, and tomatoes if desired, with the dressing and sprinkle with the pistachios.