Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spirulina is a microscopic, blue-green alga which naturally grows in alkaline (salty) lakes. Spirulina is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants, protein, vitamins and other nutrients. The health benefits of eating Spirulina are well documented in the biomedical literature. Spirulina promotes immune system health and provides important antioxidant benefits. Spirulina contains over 60% protein, higher than any other food! From the Spirulina website.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 medium banana
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat soymilk or 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered soy protein concentrate
- 2 teaspoons spirulina powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and drink! Enjoy!
Yummy! I have made this several times now - with raspberries and low fat soy milk - and I am enjoying re-discovering spirulina which I had taken years ago! Thanks Sharon!