Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can't think of anything better than a grilled cheese and a cup of tomato soup. This is just a little different version. PLEASE DO NOT USE LOW FAT MAYO, FAT FREE MAYO OR MIRACLE WHIP IN THIS RECIPE. IT WILL NOT TURN OUT CORRECTLY!! You have to use regular mayo.
- Melt butter over med-high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add spinach to butter and sautee until it begins to wilt then remove from pan and set aside. (I usually set it on a paper towel covered plate so the paper towel can soak up the extra moisture from the butter. If not the sandwich might be somewhat soggy).
- Add tomato slices to butter and sautee until they begin to soften then remove from skillet and set aside. (I also set these on a paper towel covered plate with the spinach for the same reason.).
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread and place mayonnaise side down in the skillet over med-high heat.
- Top each slice of bread with one slice of cheese.
- Then on one of the slices of cheese topped bread place bacon, spinach, and tomato slices and top with the other slice of bread.
- Sautee in skillet, turning, until golden brown on both sides and cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with tomato soup or just a la carte.
- * Note: DO NOT USE LOW FAT/FAT FREE MAYO or MIRACLE WHIP! It will not brown correctly and it tends to be greasy! You must use regular full fat mayo. Watch this very closely it browns very quickly using the mayonnaise instead of butter on the outside.