Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A wonderful filling indeed. This is from the Weekend magazine dated August 5th'2005. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups finely shredded spinach, lightly packed
- 2 cups finely shredded sorrel or 2 cups butter lettuce, lightly packed
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on low flame in a pan.
- Add the greens and stir occasionally. Cook until wilted but still bright in colour(3-4 minutes).
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon 1/4 of this mixture over the surface of the omelet across its centre in a line with the handle(Aligning the filling with the handle will expedite folding the omelet over the ingredients).
- Use a spatula to loosen the far side of the omelet.
- Fold about 1/3rd of it towards the middle, over the filling.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- With a warm serving plate close by on hand, tip the pan so that the unfolded edge of the pan is directly above the plate.
- Using a spatula, control the movement of the omelet as it leaves the pan.
- Quickly flip the omelet onto the plate so that the previously folded edge turns over and under producing an omelet folded in thirds with the centre third on top.