Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by the food network. This is a wonderfully fresh tasting, thin pizza.
Make and share this Spinach Ricotta Pizza With Fresh Tomato Puree recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 ripe medium-large tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for crust)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Divide dough into two and roll out into two thin crusts. Lightly brush olive oil to taste on top and bake the dough for 5 minutes in a 425 degree oven on a greased and floured pan.
- Meanwhile grate the four tomatoes into a medium bowl. If your tomatoes are really ripe, you can drain the excess liquid slighlty. Add the pressed garlic and olive oil.
- Add the spinach to a medium pan over medium heat and saute with salt and pepper to taste until half-wilted.
- Spread the tomato mixture on both crusts. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. This should get rid of any excess liquid in the sauce.
- Top the pizzas with spinach, basil, and a light sprinkling of mozzarella. Finish by placing small dallops of ricotta around the pizza, using a small spoon.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
Great pizza! I added crushed red pepper flakes and wilted the spinach completely.
Great and easy pizza recipe!! I prepared a gluten free pizza dough for only 1 pizza (12 inches diameter) using 100 g brown rice flour, 75 g millet flour, 125 g cornstarch,1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, 1 1/2 tsp. instant dry yeast, 175 ml luke warm water, 1 tbsp. oilve oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon honey. Kneaded everything thoroughly, let rise 1 hour, then spread in the pan and followed the recipe instructions to the letter, and it worked fabulously!! The only change I made was to chop the tomatoes because my grater is not sharp enough to grate a tomato LOL. The fresh tomato instead of sugo was a wonderful idea, we absolutely loved it. I'll make this again for sure, thanks for sharing!