- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb spinach, thawed frozen chopped
- 15 ounces light ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce, reduced-sodium
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a 8-by-8 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Cook chicken in a skillet until just starting to brown.
- Place the spinach in the middle of a clean dishtowel. Fold up the towel over the spinach and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ricotta, Parmesan, egg whites, garlic powder and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Move spinach mixture to the prepared dish over top of the chicken. With the back of a spoon, spread it out to uniformly fill the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until is hot throughout and the top begins to brown.
- Let stand for five minutes to slightly cool.
- Place the sauce in sauce pan. Heat until warm.
- Spoon sauce over chicken-spinach-ricotta bake.
- Serve immediately.