Spinach, Ricotta and Chickpea 'meatless' Balls
photo by Glitterhoof
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 380 g chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 150 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g dry grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 175 g breadcrumbs (or more, see step 4 below)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place all ingredients except for eggs, breadcrumbs, and garlic granules in a large bowl, and combine. Taste and adjust season as needed.
- Mix in eggs and approximately 1/2 the breadcrumbs. If the mixture seems too dry, add a glug more oil. If it seems too wet, add more crumbs, ensuring you save enough to coat balls.
- On a plate, combine remaining breadcrumbs and garlic granules
- Using a large soup/tablespoon, scoop out equal portions of batter and roll into balls.
- Roll balls in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place balls on tray and bake for 45 minutes, flipping about half-way through. Balls should be golden brown all over. Depending on how moist the mixture is they may flatten a little, but will still taste great!
- Serve with your favourite pasta, sauce and extra parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!