Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the Enfamil website. Could easily be turned into a meatless meal by omitting the bacon!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl and microwave uncovered on high power (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or just until thawed. Stir, then squeeze out moisture.
- Place spinach back in bowl and add ricotta, Parmesan cheese, bacon, garlic, and salt; stir together thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- On well-floured surface, roll each portion out into approximately a 6-inch circle. Place one-fourth of filling in center of each circle.
- Moisten one half of edge with water and fold dough over filling, pressing edges together to seal. Cut several small slits in top of each to allow steam to escape.
- Place calzones on prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand for several minutes to cool slightly.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
This was SOOOOOOO good! I left out the bacon and did not miss it a bit. A keeper.
This was great. My husband really enjoyed it, and I made double to freeze. I did use finely chopped garlic chicken sausage in place of the bacon.
Very, very yummy! A bit hit with the whole family - I made extra to have on hand in the freezer! Thanks for posting!