Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a "quiche-like" dish that has more vegetables than egg. Great for brunch! This is a favorite dish prepared by my mother.
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach (thawed for recipe)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagshredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten,with milk below
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 5 large fresh mushrooms, sauteed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 premade pie crust (bottom crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pie crust in your pie pan, prick with a fork and bake the crust for three minutes.
- Mix all pie filling ingredients together in large bowl.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven and place the filling in the crust.
- (If there is extra filling, freeze for another recipe such as omelettes).
- Bake for one hour or until the top has browned and the filling has completely set.
Totally delectable!! Even my hubby (not a big veggie fan) LOVED it! I didn't add the butter either. Didn't seem to need it.