This is from an old diabetic cookbook. In the original recipe there was no ground beef, but I think it really adds something. Excellent way to get someone to eat spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook manicotti shells according to package directions and set aside.
- 3Wash fresh spinach, remove stems and steam for five minutes, squeezing out all excess liquid.
- 4Combine cooked ground beef, spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and pepper.
- 5Stuff manicotti shells with the mixture and arrange in a 9x13-inch baking dish Pour spaghetti sauce over manicotti, bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 1925.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: