Recipe by Aimchick
A wonderful way to kick off the winter season. This is a family favorite. You could top this with either a white sauce or a red sauce... both work very well. This recipe can easily be doubled. I like to make this on a Sunday night and let it sit overnight and then I don't have to cook on a Monday!
Top Review by Beanie06
I didn't realize I had bought oven-ready lasagna noodles to make this recipe... but it turned out just fine for me. I only boiled them for 2 or 3 minutes..just enough to soften them so I could roll them up. I doubled the recipe to make 8, and made it in a normal glass casserole dish. I used a traditional marinara sauce and melted some provolone cheese on top. SO liked it, but still felt there was something missing. I think a lot of the flavor comes from the sauce you use, so next time I will kick up the sauce a bit with my own spices. Also, I remember my mom used to make up the lasagna and let it sit overnight like you suggested...I might try that next time so the flavors really have a chance to mingle. Loved the red pepper flakes addition...might add some more next time so it has a bit more of a kick. Otherwise, super easy...so nice to not have to cut slices of layered lasagna with it spilling out everywhere! Overall thumbs up. I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow...and I'm sure they're going to be even better!
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked to box instruction and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups pasta sauce or 2 cups white sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the bottom of a bread loaf pan.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with the sauce you are using.
- Mix spinach, cheese, garlic, seasoning and red pepper in a bowl.
- Lay one lasagne noodle out flat and spread with cheese mixture about 1/4 inch thick, leaving a 1/2 inch at one end.
- Roll the noodle up with cheese on the inside, finishing on the end without the cheese.
- Place in pan.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Cover with sauce and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.