Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is very delicious and can be made ahead and reheated. Freezes well. Great meatless lasagna.
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- Over bottom of 3 quart baking dish, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Place 3 cooked lasagna noodles side by side over sauce.
- In large bowl mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Spread 1/2 cheese mixture over noodles.
- Spread 1 cup sauce over cheese. Repeat, ending with sauce.
- Cover lasagna tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil; sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over lasagna; bake additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- If you use 4 quart baking dish, use 4 noodles side by side.
This is a great basic recipe to add anything to:). We had it plain and it was delicious.
Just the recipe I was looking for! Wonderfully simple and delicious, a perfect meal on this snowy winter night -- thanks Liz!