Recipe by Julie
Easy, light and tasty lunch. Nice mix of flavors. I found this in a magazine years ago and it continues to be a favorite. Great served with hot french bread.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (about 10 oz. each)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces thick-sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut each tomato horizontally in half. With spoon, scoop out 2 tablespoons pulp from each half. Coarsely chop pulp and place in bottom of 13x9" pan.
- In medium bowl, mix spinach, ham, ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Mound 1/2 cup mixture into each tomato half. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Arrange tomatoes on pulp. Bake 25 minutes or until hot.