Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I discovered this contest late at night on Saturday. Not realizing it was January 26th, I printed off the ingredient list to show my young son who aspires to be a chef. He was game until he said, "It's already January 27th, should I try the next contest?" "What?!" I replied, "Today's the 27th?" So anyway, I haven't actually tried this recipe, but I think it sounds good. LOL I did try it during the contest, and I have changed the instructions a little.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the pie crust in the pan and finish off the edges.
- Wisk together the eggs and milk and add some salt and pepper.
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the spinach.
- Mix the spinach, pecans, and gouda into the egg mixture, reserving a little of the gouda to sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
This was a good basic quiche. I thought it was short on seasonings. Also, best as 'left-overs'. When it was fresh out of the oven, I didn't care for the texture of the cheese. It seemed to feel very waxy in my mouth. But as it cooled, that sensation went away.