Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Betty, Aunt Phyllis' SIL in a computer recipe swap, with love! Only 6 ingredients and simple preparation. Great as a side dish or as an hors d'oeuvre with crackers.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Place in a 2 quart rectangular casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
I enjoyed this and it turned out well. Unfortunately I was the only one in my family that ate it. I agree with other reviewers that it needs salt, but I salted at the table and it was yummy. If you are looking at this recipe as a low carb dish for variety, please be aware that the fried onions add 18g carbohydrate per serving if the dish is divided in 4, with no real fiber (maybe a trace).
Followed the recipe exactly, but found it to be bland. Couldn't taste the onions at all. Maybe it would work better if the onions were sprinkled on top. This came out more like a quiche, but without a lot of flavor.
My family loved this. I thought it needed a little salt, but I don't really like fresh spinach, only canned (wierd, I know)and it is pretty salty. My family said it didn't need any extra salt, so I bow to their collective opinion. Extremely easiy to make, too!