Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Even spinach haters will love this.
Top Review by Hey Jude
SPINACH LOVERS, don't overlook this recipe. This has so many possibilities...I think I may add mushrooms next time - or you could even make a main dish out of it by adding cooked chicken or turkey. I used fat-free cream cheese and it was great so imagine how good it is with regular cream cheese! Don't be afraid to be liberal with the cayenne, it really adds depth to the flavor of this dish.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach according to the package. Drain add the softened cream cheese and 1/2 the butter.
- Mix well with the seasonings; add to casserole pan.
- Cover with the herb stuffing to form a crust.
- Melt remaining butter and pour over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly hot.