1/1 Photo of Spinach Bacon Cream Puff Bake
I like to cook my spinach in a microwave-safe bowl for about 8 minutes, then run under cold water then squeeze very dry, before I use it in a recipe, it will take the bitter taste out of the spinach, of coarse this is only optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon (cooked until crisp then crumbled, you can use more or less)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and hand-squeezed dry)
- 1 1/2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated (can use more or lesss)
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 2-quart round or oval baking dish.
- 3In a bowl combine/whisk sour cream, egg yolks, flour, cayenne or black pepper; set aside.
- 4In another bowl beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 5Gently stir in the egg whites into the sour cream mixture.
- 6Sprinkle HALF of the spinach into the bottom of the dish.
- 7Top with HALF of the sour cream mixture.
- 8Sprinkle HALF of the cheddar cheese over the sour cream mixture, then sprinkle ALL of the crumbled bacon on top of the sour cream.
- 9Repeat layers ending with grated cheddar cheese (spinach, sour cream mixture then cheese on top).
- 10In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle evenly over the top layer of cheese in the dish.
- 12Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes, or until egg mixture is set.
- 13Let stand 8 minutes (or more) before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Bacon Cream Puff Bake
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 189.6 mg
- Sodium 732.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g