Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on burgers (portobello, turkey, or beef). This is from Bon Appetit.
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- Microwave spinach, uncovered, on high heat until just wilted (about 1 1/2 minutes). Drain, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the garlic, lemon peel, and crushed red pepper in processor and blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Add spinach and arugula, pine nuts, and lemon juice: process until coarse puree forms.
- With the machine running, gradually add the oil in a thin stream and blend until almost smooth.
- Add the cheese and blend to mix.
- Season with salt. Cover and chill.
- Serve on burgers or sandwiches.