Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I created this recipe for RSC #11. Tenderized pecan crusted chicken breasts loaded with spinach, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes, and oozing with asiago, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
Top Review by Hanka
Delicious! Chicken was nice and moist the best part is the crunchy pecan coating. I had enough stuffing for 6 chicken breasts and run out of nut coating so I had to finish it with plain bread crumbs. Need to double pecan coating next time. I used sun-dried tomatoes pesto that I had at home. This is a keeper!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach. Mix in a medium size bowl the spinach, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and the asiago, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Combine the chopped pecans, corn flake crumbs and garlic powder in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the 2 eggs with the milk in another shallow bowl.
- Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, salt and Italian seasoning in a third shallow bowl.
- Pound chicken breasts to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bread each chicken breast by coating each with flour mixture, then dipping into egg mixture. Coat one side of the chicken breast with the pecan mixture.
- Put equal amounts of spinach/artichoke mixture on each chicken breast on the side that does not have the pecan coating. Roll up the chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Place in casserole dish that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350°F for 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.