Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a Johnson City, Tennesse cookbook put out by the senior citizens committee. Number of servings are not listed in the recipe. I think I had four generous servings. It's been awhile, so I am not sure. Cook time is for the bacon.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 tart apples
- 8 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- Wash spinach, remove stems and tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Dry and chill spinach.
- Just before serving, quarter, core and slice apples into a large salad bowl.
- Add spinach and bacon and toss.
- Mix mayonnaise and orange juice concentrate.
- Serve separately by spooning over individual salad servings.
This was way too easy to throw together! I used Hellman's mayo, real bacon bits and added walnuts to the salad. A very tasty salad that could be served to guests. Thanks!
What I really liked about this was the absolutely elementary dressing. It was terrific!!! I think it can be used on a number of salads and greens. I love easy and simple and this certainly was. Thanks keen5.