Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another wonderful sounding tapas recipe from my 100 Best Classic Tapas cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves (coarse stems removed)
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces toasted slivered almonds
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, grated (or Parmesan cheese)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet that can safely be placed under the broiler. Add the shallots and cook over very low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional 4 minutes. Add the spinach, then increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, or until wilted. Reduce the heat, then season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the slivered almonds.
- Beat the eggs with the parsley, water and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the underside is set. Lift the edge of the tortilla occasionally to let the uncooked egg run underneath. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to high.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the tortilla and cook under the preheated broiler for 3 minutes, or until the top is set and the cheese has melted. Serve, lukewarm or cold cut into thin wedges.
Came together very quickly. I did make it in a smaller pan, so I could serve it as a side dish for dinner. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)