Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This looked so pretty and yummy! Cooking Light, April 1997
- 1 (8 ounce) packageuncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) containers light ricotta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) bottle fat free marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh oregano leaves (optional) or fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Cook lasagana noodles according to pkg directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain; set aside 9 noodles.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients(ricotta through egg whites); set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of mushroom mixture, 1-1/2 cups sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce over noodles.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkling with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with oregano leaves or parsley leaves, if using.