Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Wash spinach and drain chickpeas.
- Put the spinach, chickpeas, olive oil and lemon juice in a saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Another winner from Dancer. I found this recipe on recipezaar several months ago and now use it 2-3 times a month. So much healthful items in this, and taste is great.
This tasted okay because I just love spinach and chick peas but I think I would use that combo some other way. Not sure how yet but I most likely won't make this again. I think maybe it was the lemon juice that didn't sit right with us. Not too sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe anyway though.