Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oh, how I love Italian food! I especially love those dishes like this one, made with delicious cheeses! I use a slightly sweet marinara sauce, but use whatever recipe you like. Delizioso!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 12 manicotti noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups of your favorite marinara sauce, divided
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and season generously with salt. Cook according to package directions. Drain and squeeze the excess water from the spinach.
- Cook the pasta shells until al dente, tender but still slightly firm. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch ovenproof baking dish with 1 cup of the marinara sauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl, evenly combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, the eggs, garlic and the spinach. Season with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shell and line them up in the baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce. Scatter the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
This was fabulous! Due to a large family I made lots (2 batches in 1 large tray), so I doubled the ricotta cheese (not the other cheeses) and doubled the spinach. I also left out the eggs (due to an allergy) and swapped for 2 TB of milk. I used my own pasta sauce recipe (doubled that too). Served with garlic bread. A great recipe that has no meat and still creates empty plates. Thanks for posting!