Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by Maggiano's yummy creation
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked in microwave and drained well
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- Be sure the artichoke hearts are drained, then rinsed and well drained THEN chop them.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spritz a baking dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- In a glass bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together cream, flour, garlic pepper and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Heat in microwave oven 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, stirring twice, until very hot and thickened slightly.
- Stir in spinach, Asiago cheese, artichoke hearts until well mixed.
- Turn into prepared 9-inch pie, quiche or attractive serving dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven 15 to 18 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with thinly sliced crisp crostini or tortilla chips.
This may have been very yummy if there wasn't so much spinach, I think 16oz is far too much. I would even go as far as to say that 8oz may be too much also.
Also I remember there being more tomato in it.