- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, thoroughly washed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, combine oil, butter,garlic, salt and cayenne.
- Add spinach all at once and stir until leaves are well coated and bright green in color.
- Add pine nuts and stir-fry to blend well but do not overcook.
- Transfer spinach to heated au gratin dish; top with parmesan and melted butter.
- Run under broiler briefly to brown.
- Serve immediately.