Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy to prepare spinach side dish. I've served it with my Beef Carnavon, but it's good with any type of meat or poultry. Originally from a May 1978 issue of Bon Apetit.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, thoroughly washed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, combine oil, butter,garlic, salt and cayenne.
- Add spinach all at once and stir until leaves are well coated and bright green in color.
- Add pine nuts and stir-fry to blend well but do not overcook.
- Transfer spinach to heated au gratin dish; top with parmesan and melted butter.
- Run under broiler briefly to brown.
- Serve immediately.