Recipe by RGVeggie
This a simple risotto with spinach and artichoke. It tastes a lot like a spinach artichoke dip- hence the name. This dish is vegan if made without Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the liquid from the canned artichokes into a pot. Add the frozen spinach and heat to thaw.
- Finely chop the artichokes and set aside.
- Put olive oil and minced garlic into pot. Turn stove to medium heat. Add arborio rice and coat with the garlic and olive oil.
- Pour the spinach and liquid into the rice and stir.
- Heat 6 cups water to just below boiling.
- Add water to rice about 1/2 cup at a time and stir constantly.
- Rice will become thick and creamy from the friction of stirring, which releases the starch.
- Add the chopped artichokes to the rice with the last batch of water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.