Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellen sweet, spicy and tangy combination and a great way to enjoy garden grown cucumbers when in abundance!
- 1 -2 medium cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hot)
- Slice cucumbers in quarters lengthwise.
- Seed if desired.
- Chop into chunks.
- Place in shallow bowl with lid.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour over cucumbers.
- Make sure all cucumbers are covered.
- Marinade at least 30 minutes.
This is a really great marinated cucumber salad. I was skeptical because of so few ingredients, but it has a great taste and "bite" to it. I used a little more than 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, and a also added 1/4 tsp sugar and some ground black pepper. Diced onions would be good in this, too. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing.