Recipe by Honeysuckle White & Shady Brook Farms
Courtesy of: Honeysuckle White® and Shady Brook Farms®
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White® or Shady Brook Farms® 99% Fat Free Ground Breast of Turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 (5 inch) tostadas
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or 4 cups pre-cut Coleslaw
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium skillet, combine turkey, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up meat with a spoon. Cook about 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked to 165° F using a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, bake tostada shells in oven until crisp, about 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss cabbage with lime juice, oil and cilantro.
- Place a layer of turkey mixture on each tostada. Top with cabbage mixture and sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Note: For food safety, cook turkey to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.