1/1 Photo of Spicy Turkey Tostadas
Courtesy of: Honeysuckle White® and Shady Brook Farms®
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White® or Shady Brook Farms® 99% Fat Free Ground Breast of Turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 (5 inch) tostadas
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or 4 cups pre-cut Coleslaw
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a medium skillet, combine turkey, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up meat with a spoon. Cook about 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked to 165° F using a meat thermometer.
- 3Meanwhile, bake tostada shells in oven until crisp, about 6 minutes.
- 4In a bowl, toss cabbage with lime juice, oil and cilantro.
- 5Place a layer of turkey mixture on each tostada. Top with cabbage mixture and sprinkle with tomatoes.
- 6Note: For food safety, cook turkey to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Turkey Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Honeysuckle White® or Shady Brook Farms® 99% Fat Free Ground Breast of Turkey