Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe that I found in Eating Light magazine. I modified the recipe to use turkey instead of chicken, poblano peppers instead of red chili peppers and to omit the mint that was in the original recipe. This is an ideal recipe to make in a toaster oven. I serve these on light hamburger buns with tomato and onion.
- 18 ounces lean ground turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Heat broiler to medium. Mix together turkey, garlic, Poblano pepper, mint (if used), cilantro, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, then spray with olive oil spray.
- Broil for 5 minutes on each side, or until well browned and cooked through. Serve in buns with your choice of condiments.