- 4 flour tortillas (7 inch diameter)
- 1 cup grated jalapeno pepper cheese
- 1 lb ripe fresh tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1 3/4 cs.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Lightly oil or spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; arrange tortillas on it in a single layer.
- Using 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, sprinkle each tortillas with about 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon over tortillas, dividing evenly; bake until cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes.