From Bon Appetit, great light and healthy vegetarian dish with thai flavors.
Make and share this Spicy Thai Tofu With Red Bell Peppers and Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14 -16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained well, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup lightly dry roasted salted peanut
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add bell peppers, ginger, and garlic; sauté until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add tofu and green onions; toss 2 minutes. Add next 3 ingredients. Toss to blend, about 1 minute. Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle peanuts over.
This is such a flavorful dish. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I also gave the recipe to my mother-in-law who also loved it. It even tastes better the next day.
I wish everybody who thinks they don't like tofu would try this. It's full of such wonderful and complementary flavors. It's even good cold. Thanks for posting.