Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit, great light and healthy vegetarian dish with thai flavors.
Make and share this Spicy Thai Tofu With Red Bell Peppers and Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14 -16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained well, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup lightly dry roasted salted peanut
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add bell peppers, ginger, and garlic; sauté until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add tofu and green onions; toss 2 minutes. Add next 3 ingredients. Toss to blend, about 1 minute. Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle peanuts over.
This is such a flavorful dish. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I also gave the recipe to my mother-in-law who also loved it. It even tastes better the next day.
I wish everybody who thinks they don't like tofu would try this. It's full of such wonderful and complementary flavors. It's even good cold. Thanks for posting.