Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Barbecue-type sauce is what makes this one special. One serving is 2 chicken thighs. Prep time does not include 1 hour to marinade.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Combine first five ingredients in a plastic zip-locked bag.
- Marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove chicken from bag and reserve marinade.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour reserved marinade over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, baste chicken with marinade.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This was okay, but my family did not really think it was anything special. Cooked up nice, I let the chicken marinate all day. Next time, I think I would add a little ketchup to the sauce. I thought it was a little on the sour side.
Well you certainly won my DH's heart!!He loved this chicken, it was exceptionally tasty. The lemon, molasses and garlic were a wonderfull combination of flavours. We will be making this again soon!! thanks for a really good one!!
Really good dish. I didn't have enough time to marinate, so I just put the chicken in a dish, poured the marinade over and baked for 20 minutes covered in foil. After 20 min, uncovered, basted and baked additional 20 min basting until done.