Recipe by Sharlene~W
I found this recipe on a cleaning website (of all places). It was a contribution from "Shelly". The spicy surprise is a mildly fiery blend of cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper!
Top Review by Engrossed
This was a toss up for the rating. Some people liked it, some didn't & some loved it. They taste like a nice soft chocolate chip cookie until a hot kick at the end. One good thing someone pointed out is that at least you can't eat too many! A quote from a 7 year old "That's hot!" (she loved them). Made 33 cookies and they baked for 14 minutes. Made for Holiday Tag.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Gradually mix into wet ingredients.
- Beat until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop cookies into 2-inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.