Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband, who loves spicy foods, came up with this one night to combat his dislike of zucchini. He's changed his mind about zucchini, now. ;)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 small Thai red chili peppers, seeded and cut into strips or 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon fish sauce, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in pan.
- Toss in remaining ingredients and sauté until it's to your desired doneness.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Both the Thai chiles and the jalapeno are good, but the dish tastes different depending on which you use; try it both ways!
This is really good. Using the peppers in strips makes it so people who don't like really spicy food can avoid the heat, but you can add more peppers in if you like it really hot too.
Easy to make and I like everything but the fish sauce. This was my first time cooking with it, so I used the lesser amount. I guess this sauce will take some getting use to. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game