Recipe by Lateshow9
Quick and easy humous recipe for those of you who like to keep a healthy dip in the fridge for snacking. Feel free to modify the ingredients to your taste and to adjust the spice levels. I have left out tahini to keep the recipe on the healthy side.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil (more to smooth mixture)
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine red pepper, green pepper, jalapeños, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Drain chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas to the food processor and blend until smooth, adding additional olive oil if necessary.
- Transfer to sealed container and chill for several hours.
- Serve with pretzels, carrots, or bagel chips and enjoy.