Recipe by evelyn/athens
A tasty tidbit with spicy flavours.
Top Review by Ms B.
I prepared this using multi-whole-grain bread and natural peanut butter. The flavors blended well for my palate. Instead of serving as an appy, I downsized the recipe and only a few slices for my own breakfast with some orange segments. It was a very nice change of pace.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 clove minced and mashed garlic
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices lean bacon, cooked,drained and chopped fine
- 22 slices white bread or 22 slices whole wheat bread, toasted slightly,1 ½ inch rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, 4 T (1/4 c) of scallions, cayenne, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, mayonnaise and bacon until mixture is combined well.
- Spread 1 tsp of mixture on each toast round, mounding it, and sprinkle tops with lemon.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil in a jelly-roll pan, about 4 inches from heat, 1-2 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoonful of scallion.