Recipe by WiGal
From Peach Lovers Cookbook. Makes 1 1/2 cups and can be stored in refrigerator for 1 week. Guessing at servings.
Top Review by TasteTester
This sauce sounded really wonderful -- I like tangy, DH likes spicy, and DS likes sweet -- it has them all! I chose to make this for a pork stir-fry. I prepared the sauce in the morning, doubling the recipe so I could use some as a marinade. I marinated cubed pieces of pork in part of the sauce for 3 hours. Then I just stir-fried the pork with the rest of the sauce and put in a package of frozen stir-fry vegetables. Voila! Dinner on the table in about 15 minutes. I loved the fresh and fruity taste of this sauce and it went so well with pork. After the pork and veggies were done cooking, I put them on a platter and kept them warm. I then reduced the sauce a little, poured it over everything, and served it over rice. What a delicious meal -- my son said it tasted "like what we get in the Chinese restaurant." Thanks for sharing this!
- 15 ounces peaches in heavy syrup, drained syrup RESERVED
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stainless steel saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of RESERVED peach syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chile pepper flakes and blend well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat-stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree peaches and then pour into a bowl.
- Remove syrup mixture from heat and stir into the peaches.
- Cover and refrigerate.