Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mustard is excellent with sausage and coldcuts.
- 1 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 ounces flat beer or 6 ounces ale
- Combine mustard, brown sugar, salt and turmeric in processor or blender and mix well.
- With machine running, add beer through feed tube in slow steady stream and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping frequently to scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Transfer to jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Store in cool, dark place.
Hold on to your seats this is HOT HOT HOT!!!! Oh so good!!! I dipped pretzels into it! This would be nice spread on a bed of cream cheese as a dip.
This was really good. I needed some hot mustard for another recipe and I was fresh out, so I did a Zaar search and found this recipe. What a life saver. I kicked it up a little with a teaspoon each of horseradish and cayenne.
I made this today, it is good although I think it will be even better when left in the fridge for a couple of days. This will be great on beef sandwiches! thanks Evelyn...Kitten:)