Grainy Dijon Mustard
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey (vegans, use agave nectar or maple syrup)
- Place mustard seeds, wine, and vinegar in a small bowl or container, cover, and let soak at room temperature for two days.
- Transfer mustard seeds and liquid to jar of a blender.
- Add mustard powder, salt and honey.
- Puree until a coarse paste forms, but whole seeds still remain.
- Transfer to an airtight container and let rest in refrigerator for 2 days before use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"