Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Borden/Keebler/RealLemon pamphlet
- 1 quart apple cider
- 3⁄4-1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- to taste cinnamon stick (for garnish) (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except garnish; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove spices; serve hot with cinnamon sticks and sliced apples if desired.
- TIP: Can also be served cold.
Yum. Hit the spot at our pumpkin carving party. I doubled everything but the brown sugar b/c that seemed like too much to me. I took a hint from another couple recipes and put everything in my crock pot for 2 hours on high, then down to "keep warm" until everyone left. Good stuff and a nice simple recipe. Thank you for posting it here!